Once you have decided to make one of the most famous and incredible routes in the world “The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu” now is the time to think about what things do you need to organize an Inca trail packing list.
To this target we are pleased to provide you some tips so that to help you make the packages list. First of all, you must know that the list will be modified depending on the season in which the trip takes place with its respective weather conditions, and number of days of the tour: 2 days, Classic Inca trail or the Salkantay.
The road puts the adventurer in contact with different environmental environments: mountains, forests and jungle, which means that we carry a baggage in accordance with them.
As an important aspect to highlight, we usually advise that the bag where we carry the luggage, does not exceed 5 kilos in weight, so we do not find inconvenient to walk with it.
So now, we will offer to you some recommendations about how to organize your luggage in order do not forget anything important and enjoy this unforgettable trek.
Inca trail Packing List
1. Passaport (Essential). Due to a government rule aimed at maintaining the Inca trail, daily visits have been limited. Therefore, it is mandatory to register in one of the positions that we will find at the beginning of the road.
2. Cash, credit or debit cards. It is not an essential aspect but it is always advisable to bring some money with us (tips, shopping in some market, emergencies). It is preferable to carry cash. (Dollars or Soles).
3. Toiletries: soap, towels, toothpaste, toilet paper or deodorants. Do not forget to include a sun protection cream.
4. Electronic devices: Camera or video camera. Remember to bring a flashlight, an essential object for the nights that we spend camping in the nature.
5. Sleeping bag. In case that you do not want to take it, you can rent one in the travel agency. Ask this subject to the company with which you have contracted the tour before taking unpleasant surprises.
6. Suitable hiking clothing: Shirts / T-shirts. Underwear . Coat and gloves (depending on the time of year). Pants: (1 shorts and 2 pairs of long pants). Walking stick. Hat / Cap for the sun. Sunglasses. Backpack cover. Waterproof jacket windproof.
7. Suitable hiking shoes: Mountain boots, trekking or a strong and comfortable footwear.
8. Towel, bathing suit and sandals to take advantage of the moments of relaxation that the path offers us, among them the thermal waters of Aguas Calientes. In case you do not carry, in that particular place we can rent a bathing suit and a towel.
9. Bottle of water, canteen. Normally, the water is provided by the agency with which you have contracted the tour. We also recommend bringing energy bars or protein.
1o. First-aid kit (bandages, aspirins, cotton, alcohol, tape, insect repellent, pills for stomach problems and medicines to prevent altitude sickness).
With this list you are perfectly equipped to enjoy one of the most unforgettable experiences that you will enjoy in life. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are delighted to be able to help.